Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Playing Catsup

Hi all!

Sorry it's been so long since I updated!  I could give you all the many reasons why, but I'm really not at liberty to say quite yet!

I promise you'll know as soon as I think the time is right.

Mostly, I want to hug each and every one of you.  God has been good to us when the world has been very hard.  It has been harder than I anticipated, although I can't say I'm very surprised.  I've seen people far more lovely than I receive far harsher circumstances than my own.

I know, I know!  Why post anything if I'm going to be so darn VAGUE about it???  All in due time, friend.

I've been focusing on building a daily habit of prayer.  I've posted pictures in my cubicle of people I want to pray for - mostly the cute baby variety - and written myself messages on my bathroom mirror.  I'm still struggling with consistency - I anticipate this being a long battle, and one I definitely will not win without the Spirit.

A few updates I can give you:

I was laid off from my old job at the end of March.
I found a job posted the same day, and applied.
I had a phone interview the following day, and was invited for an in-person interview.
I received an offer April 8th and began work April 15th!

What a crazy ride!

I really enjoy my new job - it's adult work with real responsibility, and I am so much more than just a funnel with a phone.  Really, I just feel like I'm developing and no longer stagnating, and that this company sees my full potential and wants to utilize it.  Plus, my co-workers are fun and we have a few good laughs together.

Stephen and I are falling more in love every day.  UGH, gross!!! But really.  Marriage is not always easy, but there are moments when you can't even wrap your mind about how much you love this person and want the best for them.  We focus on planting good seeds and pulling the weeds in the garden of our love for one another.  Sacrifice for Stephen is a joy.

There's more to tell, my friend, but it will have to wait for another day.  I don't want to keep you from being awesome and tending to your own love garden. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment